Tuesday 3 February 2009

HOW DO YOU KNOW…..

In my life I have often practiced the policy of letting go when I feel it’s beyond my means, when I have tried all possible means and ended with less desired outcome. Today I review many of the dreams I never gave 2nd, 3rd, 4th or perhaps 10th chances. What if I had tried one more day, made a little extra effort? What would have happened then? I ask myself one tough question, perhaps rhetorical; when or how do you determine, its time to let go?

What do you do when the heart is adamant on pursuing this dream beyond reach? When you try to accept the results and you know you can’t do better than this? When you feel that the harder you try, the more weaknesses are exposed? You are compromised and you feel lost and your mind can’t make any clear decisions. I wonder this day if all decisions have been less difficult to make in the past because today I have reached a point in my life when I don’t know what to decision to take.

I always characterized myself as a decision maker but this point it’s unclear whether this will be the worst mistake if I give up this dream. At the same the battle of thoughts is ongoing in my mind, showing more of my weaknesses than strength if I continue holding on. I ask myself again, when you draw a line to mark the end of an era and the beginning of a new phase of your life.

Where did the courage come from in the past decisions made? Was I to much of a coward to have let go of those dreams? Were the boundaries between hope and despair drawn too early? It’s a tough decision today but perhaps what I need is another night to sleep on it. Tomorrow may bring a clear picture and show me when to draw the line.

For all those battling out the right way to go at this crossroad, maybe you just need to settle a little more and listen to the inner you. The nature of time is that things mature and the picture gets clearer by the day. More information is received and it might be safe to hold on for another day. For those brave enough like I was in the past; you may draw the line and turn away. Find the dreams possible to realize; those you may overlooked or a blind eye was turned to earlier..

Life is journey, we leave foot prints behind…let’s hope that the foot prints left will be bolder and surer….we are together in the walk to our final destiny…God help us and hold our hands when we can’t stand strong….

No comments: